Mammas, I know it can get tough to find time to juggle everything we’ve got going on, but as the old saying goes: stop and smell the roses, or in this case stop and visit these places. Nothing lasts forever other than our memories, so amidst the craze, remember to always make some. To help, I’ve put together a list of 10 fun places for kids you can visit in the LA area. I’ve scoped them out with my daughter, so you can be sure they are mommy-proof and kid-approved!
1. Natural History Museum, Echo Park – For little adventurers who love dinosaurs and all kinds of animals, the Natural History Museum will provide a full day of fun exploring animals set in their natural habitats. Kids can also run amongst hundreds of live flying butterflies in the Butterfly Pavilion.
2. Peekaboo Indoor Playground, Bel Air – No matter the weather, indoor playgrounds are perfect for entertaining kids in a safe environment. I recently held my daughters birthday party here and it is the cleanest, friendliest kids indoor playground I’ve been to. Not to mention parents get access to a lovely outdoor patio and free coffee while kids play.
3. LA Zoo + Griffith Park, Los Angeles – These two kid friendly activities are located right next to each other. So you can go have fun with the animals at the Zoo then head over to Griffith Park where there is an awesome train museum and train ride kids will love.
4. Kidspace Museum, Pasadena – from outdoor play in the water, to rock climbing and imagination stations with different animals and insects, Kidspace Museum in Pasadena is the perfect place for your little scientists. More of an exploritatorium than a museum, Kidspace holds special events monthly and can even be reserved for private parties.
5. Universal Studios, Hollywood – Have them walk among the Minions and Sponge Bob at this amusement park located in the heart of LA’s studio district. There are tons of kid-friendly rides, fantastic shows and even an arcade area for all to enjoy!
6. Griffith Observatory, Los Angeles – If your kids are into astronomy, then make sure you take them under the stars. The observatory has telescopes set out for viewing and knowledgeable staff members to tour through the wonders in your lens.
7. Stoner Park Pool, West LA – Ideal for the hot weather (which LA seems to have year round these days) this park allows kids to splish and splash and run wild. They have an inclining pool and lots of fountains to keep them busy in the water.
8. Movies at Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles – Baseball games are an awesome way to bond with your kids. Even better is watching a movie after the game. Currently, ticket prices include a free movie after the game and all movies are rated PG so there will be something for the whole family.
9. Coldwater Canyon Park, Beverly Hills – Clean, big, fun and nestled in one of the nicest areas in LA, this park is sure to please the kids while parents relax in the greenery of Beverly Hills. Who knows, maybe you’ll even see some celebs with their babes.
10. Huntington Library and Gardens, San Marino – This place is breathtaking and your little ones will surely enjoy strolling among the 120 acre of delight, discovering the Lily ponds and observing the ducks, geese and frogs that are hanging out on the grounds. This is one of the most beautiful and fun places for kids in LA.