A white blazer can sport nearly as many different looks as the lady who puts it on. From classy to laid-back, elegant to easy, white ladies blazers are a crucial closet must-have.
For a polished yet casual look perfect for drinks or house parties, try pairing a white blazer with a simple tee, torn jeans and black sandal heels. Here I’m wearing a Blaque Label white blazer from Manhattanite and a plain white tee. To contrast the white, I paired the blazer with darker colored jeans (I chose one with some tears for a more playful feel) and shoes. A black purse with a golden chain really ties the outfit together and who could forget the accessories? Mix and match any color since you’ve got a black and white canvas (aka outfit) to play around with.
Because I believe that white blazers are such a versatile addition to your wardrobe collection, I did some digging and found five great style options. These fabulous white blazers can be suited for different occasions – from casual dinner dates to wedding parties. Here are some tips on where to get them and how to wear them!
1. Ivanka Trump Contrast Tuxedo Jacket ($59.99): Who says men get all the fun of a penguin suit? This women’s tuxedo jacket from Saks Off 5th is perfect as a white dinner jacket and is accented with satiny black lapels, flap pockets and a classic button embellishment.
2. Champagne Taste Cape Blazer ($68.00): Slit sleeves just scream red carpet. Even if you’re going nowhere so fancy, perhaps just seeing a movie or getting cocktails, this pointed-hem ivory blazer from Nasty Gal will still dress up any outfit, from sleek dress to torn jeans.
3. Textured Crop Jacket ($55.00): Mock snakeskin is all the rage, and this cropped ladies blazer from Topshop plays to the crowd. The long sleeves hit above the wrist and the jacket is open for a sporty feminine look, great for the club.
4. Embroidered Moto Jacket ($145.99): Ann Taylor is known for it’s lady-like appeal and this white Moto jacket is the perfect hybrid of lady-like and sporty-cool. You can leave the zipper open for more casual outings or zip up for a more prim appeal.
5. Mural Slouchy Boyfriend Blazer ($74.00): The name says it all – this loose, flowy take on a white blazer is perfect for lunches, baby showers and Fridays at the office. This piece from Nordstrom effortlessly accomplishes “casual” but has “cool” written all over it.
6. Material Girl Lace Jacket ($59.99): Appropriate for weddings or formal nights but cool enough to rock to a dinner date, this piece from Macy’s will make any outfit sparkle. This white lace blazer features long sheer lace sleeves combined with a moto-jacket inspired edginess, giving you the option to dress it up or down.
Now that you’ve seen the power of a white blazer, go ahead, fill your closet with some!