LA Fashion Week 2015 is right around the corner and I’m excited to announce that we’ll be covering all of the shows!! In preparation for the events we worked with Attract Magazine on this fun little shoot to showcase the 7 style musts for LAFW 2015. Whether you’re a first-timer or veteran goer, you’ll be a bonafide pro by the end of this article, so let’s get to it:
1. Structured Tote You’ll be going from one show to another, and before you know it it’s lunchtime, dinner, drinks and the after party. Take a structured tote, on the larger side, to fit all your notebooks, iPad, a change of clothes, your camera, and of course, a pair of flats.
2. Versatile Vest Nothing beats a versatile vest when you don’t have enough time to create a brand new day-to-night look. Just zip on or off the detachable piece of the vest, and magically you have a brand new outfit.
3. High Waist Midi Skirt When I say get comfy, I mean it. Midi skirts are both chic and comfortable, without looking too laid back. Go for a trendy high waist style that cinches at the waist, and don’t be afraid to be bold and pair it with contrasting prints, crop tops and button-ups.
4. Floppy Felt Hat It’s LA, you’ll need a hat to block out the sun and prevent getting burned during outdoor fashion shows and networking events. Plus, it’s the perfect fix to every bad hair day.
5. Classic Shades No sleep? No worries. After a long day of fashion shows, expect to be up late at private parties and brand sponsored events. Hide your hangover and everything else the next day with a pair of classic stunner shades. That way you’ll drive the attention away from your face and onto your outfit.
6. Dual Tone Pumps Grab a fabulous pair that’s also multi-functional. I went with this dual tone pump because it goes with both neutral earth tones as well as monochrome outfits.
7. Shea Butter Lipsticks LA’s dry heat is a real thing. In October when the air is crisp and the sun’s still hot, it’s best to go for a lipstick that won’t dry and crack your lips. The makeup norm here is to go heavy on the eyes and softer on the lips. Wear any lip color that makes you feel your best, just remember to go for a hydrating lipstick that locks in moisture and creates a smooth and wrinkle-free pout.
Anyone going to fashion week and want to connect?